The Hp Printer Error 49 are communication error codes. They can be hard to troubleshoot as quite a few culprits cause 49 errors. Also, these errors can be just temporary errors that clear with a reboot or more permanent errors that require a hardware replacement. Here are some tips for resolving 49 error codes on HP LaserJet printers.
- Outdated printer drivers.
- Corrupted printer drivers.
- An issue with printer Firmware.
- Print job stuck in the queue.
- Internal memory chips.
3 Steps to Troubleshoot - Hp printer error 49:
Step 1: Power-Off Phase
- First of all power off the device and then disconnect all communication cables like the Network, USB, or Parallel cable.
- Now wait for 30 seconds and then turn On the printer back, then if the error 49 remains the same, it means that there is some issue with the communication between the computer and network.
Step 2: Managing the Printer
- Unplug the printer and then disconnect all accessories such as EIO cards, memory, extra trays, a duplexer (if removable), and an envelope feeder.
- If the error does not exist, after you power on the printer, then start reinstalling the part one at a time, by powering off before you go ahead with the installation phase of each part till you find the error cause.
- Next, to fix this type of error, the firmware needs to be updated.
Related Blog: Epson Xp 410 Wifi Setup
Step 3: Further Method
- If error 49 is present in the printer after removing the possible causes, then go with a cold reset or NVRAM initialization method first.
- A cold reset will remove all minor stored memory settings such as control panel settings or internal and external jet direct settings.
- The NVRAM is more exclusive and as well as clear all internal memories such as error logs and other possible counters.
- If error 49 continues to exist, then it is advised to take Hp printer help from the professional.
- The clients are suggested to take their printer to the authorized Hp printer service center and ask the experts to resolve the error 49.